Come to the real tennis court (jeu de paume) hall and learn to play “real tennis”.
Along with hunting, jeu de paume was one of the aristocracy’s favourite sports. The forerunner of tennis, the game is known as “the game of kings, the king of games”.
Originally built under Henry IV, the jeu de paume hall was rebuilt in 1732, having been destroyed by fire in 1702. Restored again in 1812, it still retains almost all of its original features, such as its limestone flags.
Tournaments are now regularly held there, and the hall allows aficionados of the game of “courte paume” (the indoor variant) to play throughout the year.
For further information :
- Tel : +33 (0) 1 64 22 47 67
- Mel : firstname.lastname@example.org